[one-users] uid gid setting for oneadmin / cloud

Christoph Stich christoph.stich at inovex.de
Wed Oct 10 06:29:27 PDT 2012

Dear All,

at first I want to mention that I'm an absolute beginner at openNebula.
I'm trying to build up a virtual infrastructure with openNebula.

I downloaded the beta for 3.8 and installed it, this worked fine and I
did not see any errors.

The problem I have now is, that the uid/gid (for oneadmin/cloud) at the
frontend-server collide with existing uid/gid at my kvm-host-server.
Now I have to change the uid gid at one of the systems, and this will
effect the privileges on files/directories.

Is it normal that the oneadmin is created with uid/gid below 1000 ?
At the moment it has oneadmin:104 cloud:110

Do I anything wrong?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Christoph Stich