[one-users] VM name from Sunstone

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Thu Nov 29 03:03:36 PST 2012

Hi Roberto,

On 29 November 2012 11:28, Roberto Rosende Dopazo <rrosende at cesga.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how I must do a template to avoid that Opennebula assigns
> one-<vid> name to virtual machines. If I instantiate it from shell I do it
> with -n parameter but from Sunstone I don't know how to do.

If you create a new VM from the VM tab you will be able to select a
specific template and define a custom name for that vm. When you
instantiate a template from the Templates tab you won't be able to
define a custom name.

BTW, we are working on improving the Sunstone user experience for the
next release, so any feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers

> NAME attribute in templeates appears be ignored, example:
>
> [grid at cloud ~]$ onetemplate show 6
> TEMPLATE 6 INFORMATION
> ID             : 6
> NAME           : cream.emi.cesga.es_SL6