[one-users] IPv6 status

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Nov 19 07:32:45 PST 2012

Hi Karanbir,

The trick here is that knowing that OpenNebula networking (at the core
level, not the underlying drivers) does not really  deal with IPv4
addresses. It basically manages a MAC address spaces so we are sure VM MACs
do not collide, etc.. The IPV4 is the less significant bytes of the MAC
address, so defining an IPv4 network defines a MAC set. Given that said
 you can boot a IPv6-enabled guest without any modification to OpenNebula
(and using the OpenNebula networks).

cheers,
Jaime

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> hi guys,
>
> Just wondering what the overall state of IPv6 support was in ONE-3.8.1,
> I'm struggling to get a onevnet template to accept ipv6 as valid leases.
> Looking at the code, it clearly expects a v4 there.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh
> ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax
> GnuPG Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org