[one-users] How to change the /var/lib/one/var/datastores directory?

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:44:32 PST 2012

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Tuan Le Doan <tuan.fetk52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can i change the /var/lib/one/var/datastores location? Because of my /
> partition was full and i couldn't start one and sunstone, so i mounted a
> new partition and want to move the /var/lib/one/var/datastores to it. Is it
> possible?

I think so.  `DATASTORE_LOCATION` sets the path for datastores in the
hosts. But you'd have to copy your data over. That takes some time
depending on the amount of data you have.

Why not make a new datastore and mount your partition at
`/var/lib/one/datastores/<DATASTORE_ID`?
I think this is the most efficient approach. This way you can move one VM
at a time and you also achieve less downtime this way.

Cheers,

w: http://databus.ro/blog
in: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/valentin-bud/9/881/830
t: https://twitter.com/valentinbud