[one-users] no vnc proxy running opennebula sunstone

Hector Sanjuan lists at convivencial.org
Sun Nov 11 14:25:44 PST 2012

ok, whats the output of the console when you do the

"Try launching Sunstone, killing the websockify proxy and relaunching the
proxy manually in a console window with the command that is logged at the
beginning of sunstone.log. Leave it running and click on the VNC icon on
Sunstone for the same VM again. You should see some output from the proxy
in the console and hopefully the cause of why the connection does not work"

?

can you attach sunstone.log and sunstone.error (if not empty), onevm show
X (where X is the id of the VM you are trying to connect to)?

> I don't understand the connections behind the scenes made when opening a
> vnn session.
> Why are the vnc ports different in sunstone-server.conf and
> occi-server.conf

Sunstone and selfservice use each its own websocket proxy, therefore they
need to run in different ports.

In short, when you start a vnc session your browser talks to the vnc proxy
using websockets. The connection is the forwarded to the host where the VM
is running using traditional sockets.

hector

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 23:16:41 +0100, Anouar Znagui Hassani
<anouarzh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hector,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have read the checklist for troubleshooting but no luck there.
> The popup shows now but only with the "connect timeout"
>
> in oned.conf:
>
> VNC_BASE_PORT = 5900
>
> in occi-server.conf:
> :host: 0.0.0.0
> :port: 4567
>
> :vnc_enable: no
>
> :vnc_proxy_port: 33876
> :vnc_proxy_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py
> :vnc_proxy_support_wss: no
> :vnc_proxy_cert:
> :vnc_proxy_key:
>
> in sunstone-server.conf:
> # Server Configuration
> #
> :host: 0.0.0.0
> :port: 9869
> :vnc_proxy_port: 29876
> :vnc_proxy_path: /usr/share/opennebula/websockify/websocketproxy.py
> :vnc_proxy_support_wss: no
> :vnc_proxy_cert:
> :vnc_proxy_key:
>
> This is 1 server with an internal ip: 192.168.x.x
> This server is also the node
>
> I don't understand the connections behind the scenes made when opening a
> vnn session.
> Why are the vnc ports different in sunstone-server.conf and
> occi-server.conf
>
> maby this info makes clear what my setup is.
>
>   What else could be the reason of the "connect timeout" ?
>
> Thanks in advance Hector!

Hector Sanjuan
@hecsanjuan