[one-users] howto show VM password to a sunstone regular user

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:38:16 PST 2012

Ruben S. Montero wrote on 09/11/12 18:49:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, you can create an script that sends the password upon VM
> creation. Also, how do yo setup de password? Is something that can be
> somehow included in the CONTEXT using a field from the USER template
> (like CONTEXT = [ PASS"=$USER[VM_PASSWORD]" ], and VM_PASSWORD set
> through oneuser update)? Then just onevm show would do.
>
> As a side note, a custom Template for VMs (that can be updated and so
> on...) will be part of the next release
Dear Ruben,

I would like just to make sure I understand that statement correctly.
Does it mean it will be possible to update a some "customizable" set of
VM template parameters in the next release i.e. what you wrote about in [1]?

I had migrated recently my ONE installation from OpenNebula 3.6. to
3.8.1 successfully but a possibility to update some VM parameters (e.g.
Description) what I am still missing.

Best regards and thanks a lot to whole OpenNebula team for great product!
Nikolay.

[1]
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2012-October/020710.html