[one-users] OpenNebula won't keep the disk after detached

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Nov 8 14:20:03 PST 2012

Hi

Detach will perform a standard epilog action (i.e. as with any other disks
when you shutdown the VM). so,

- If the disk is non-persistent it will be removed from the host (deleted)
- If the disk is persistent it will be moved back to the datasotre

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM, zouxinzhe <zouxinzhe at gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>  Hi,
> I find another problem that OpenNebula will not keep disk* I attach to VM
> when I detach it. *
> *Everytime I detach a disk ,OpenNebula will remove the snapshot(my
> datastore is LVM). But it seems more **improtant to keep my old disk if I
> wanna use it on another VM.*
> *Could anyone explain this design?*

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect