[one-users] GlusterFS on open nebula

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:26:22 PST 2012

We use glusterfs with open nebula on two kvm nodes with mirroring with 6
bricks per node. We recommend gluster 3.3 with a back end network
connection, 10GbE or IB. For stress testing the file system you can use
dbench on a cluster of VMs. Gluster 3.2 wasn't very robust to node failure
but 3.3 is far more stable. I would say its ready for development lab use
and moderately heavy loads. For best performance, I would suggest using
cgroups to shield the glusterfs processes from the kvm processes or use
separate storage hosts.