[one-users] Problems Creating an Ubuntu Based Virtual Machine

Malicious Scientist scientist.malicious at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:25:48 PST 2012

Hi Xasima,

I just did the configuration again on my laptop. Below are the contents of
the configuration files for the network, the image and the virtual machine.
I created the qcow2 image using ubuntu-vm-builder, as shown on my first
e-mail.

I did manage to see the vm on virsh. But instead of 'virsh console', I
entered the virsh prompt with 'virsh' and enabled the VNC with 'vncdisplay
ID', where the ID is obtained from 'list'. After that, with 'vncviewer', I
was able to access the virtual machine.

Let me know if you need any specific detail.

oneadmin at earth:~$ cat vnet01.template
NAME   = "LAN"
TYPE   = FIXED
BRIDGE = br0
LEASES = [IP=10.0.0.2]
LEASES = [IP=10.0.0.3]
LEASES = [IP=10.0.0.4]

oneadmin at earth:~$ cat image01.template
NAME = "Ubuntu"
PATH = /var/www/ubuntu.qcow2
TYPE = OS
PUBLIC = YES
DESCRIPTION = "Ubuntu basic installation"
DRIVER = "qcow2"

oneadmin at earth:~$ cat vm01.template
NAME = ubuntu
MEMORY = 256