[one-users] required tools, procedure and documentation of opennebula system software architecture to fix the opennebula system issues

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 2 02:44:21 PDT 2012

Hello,

When '/' appears in a path twice it will evaluate to just one, so it
shouldn't be a problem. For instance, with David Su's deployment it really
doesn't matter if the path is ''/var/lib/one/var//datastores/0/0/disk.0' or
''/var/lib/one/var/datastores/0/0/disk.0' as long as the file is there.
After the FAIL deployment, have you verified that the file is indeed there
in the worker node?

Xasima, what error does it produce, could you send us the relevant bit of
the log?

cheers,
Jaime

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Xasima <xasima at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I had to uncomment DATASTORE_LOCATION = /var/lib/one/datastores in
> /etc/one/oned.conf when using opennebula on ubuntu 12.04, since the default
> configuration tends to use // instead of /, which leads to error.
>

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Qiubo Su (David Su) <qiubosu at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> dear opennebula community,
>>
>> when using the "onevm create template" command to create vm instance, the
>> STAT of the vm instance is fail.
>>
>> it is much appreciate if anyone can let me know the tools and procedures
>> to debug the code, so i can fix the issues.
>>
>> moreover it will be much helpful if you can provide me the right
>> documentation of opennebula system software architecture, to facilitate
>> fixing the issues.
>>
>> by the way, in the deployment.0 file (one of the files is called when run
>> "onevm create template" command), in the line of code "<source
>> file='/var/lib/one/var//datastores/0/0/disk.0'/>", the // should be /. does
>> anyone know in which file this could be rectified *(in the ~/var/config
>> file, i update the // to / for the line of code
>> "DATASTORE_LOCATION=/var/lib/one/var//datastores", and run "onevm create
>> template" again, but the error is still the same. there must be other file
>> contain this // but)*?
>>
>> thanks,
>> david su

> Best regards,