[one-users] mooseFS OpenNebula integration

Giovanni Toraldo me at gionn.net
Fri Nov 2 01:15:28 PDT 2012

Hi Matthias,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Matthias Gasser <matthias at theapp.at> wrote:
> I've just followed the Instructions of the eBook "Opennebula 3 Cloud
> Computing" to setup a MooseFS data storage.

Great!

> I'm sure OpenNebula will work with the shared network driver, but the book
> states an optimized shared transfer manager [1] - unfortunately quite
> outdated.
>
> Is anybody working on migrating that for 3.8?

That driver in reality isn't doing anything special: it just use the
mfsmakesnapshot command instead of the classic cp -r to speed-up
cloning operations ("lazy copy" operation).

I was planning to update that driver this weekend, but you can also
use the standard "shared" driver, it will work without problems.

--
Giovanni Toraldo
http://gionn.net