[one-users] VM Disaster Recovery without resubmit of harddisk images

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Nov 7 03:06:18 PST 2012

Hi Stefan,

That can't be done currently, but I've opened a ticket [1] to evaluate this
feature for future versions.

Meanwhile, the workaround is quite simple:
>From the running or unknown state you can execute a resubmit. This will
move the VM to pending, and the scheduler will re-deploy it in a working
Host. At this point, the VM will be in prolog state [2], and this in when
the disks are copied again to the VM directory.

In the front-end, edit the files /var/lib/one/remotes/tm/shared/ clone
 context  ln  mkimage  mkswap to check if the destination disk file already
exists and exit.

Remember to execute 'onehost sync' after any change in the remotes
directory. This way opennebula will copy the new files to the Hosts in the
next monitorization cycle.

Regards

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1639
[2] http://opennebula.org/_media/documentation:rel3.8:states-complete.png