[one-users] NoVNC in Sunstone behind lighttpd

Hector Sanjuan hsanjuan at opennebula.org
Thu May 31 14:00:36 PDT 2012

Hello,

bad news: noVNC uses websockets to open a connection to a tcp port on the
sunstone frontend which your reverse proxy is probably not letting
through. Actually, this port depends on the VM ID that you are connecting
to (proxy_base_port + vm_id), so as things are now there is no
straightforward way that you can get Sunstone VNC working with a reverse
proxy solution unless you take care of proxying a wide range of ports, or
find a way to let the connections through directly to them.

good news: We realised of this limitation and this will be changed for the
next release as part of http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1209. The idea is
that we run a single websockets proxy instance on a single fixed port.

So im afraid you just need to wait some weeks,

Hector

--
Hector Sanjuan
OpenNebula Developer