[one-users] Import Xen Guest into OpenNubula 3.4.1 as a VM template

Roberto Giordani r.giordani at libero.it
Tue May 29 09:01:24 PDT 2012

Hello Carlos,
I've understood, and now the vm running, but I've found the following
problems:

1)the vm doesn't use the ip assigned by template/
oneadmin at cloud-mngt:~> onevnet show 1
VIRTUAL NETWORK 1
INFORMATION
ID             : 1
NAME           : 172.16.10.x
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
CLUSTER        : -
TYPE           : FIXED
BRIDGE         : br0
VLAN           : Yes
PHYSICAL DEVICE: eth0
VLAN ID        :
USED LEASES    : 1

PERMISSIONS

OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : ---
OTHER          : ---

VIRTUAL NETWORK
TEMPLATE
DNS="192.168.1.2"
GATEWAY="172.16.10.1"

USED
LEASES
LEASE=[ IP="172.16.10.51", MAC="02:00:ac:10:0a:33", USED="1", VID="11" ]

FREE
LEASES
LEASE=[ IP="172.16.10.52", MAC="02:00:ac:10:0a:34", USED="0", VID="-1" ]
LEASE=[ IP="172.16.10.53", MAC="02:00:ac:10:0a:35", USED="0", VID="-1" ]/

2)I've tried to use contextual to change GATEWAY and DNS but with no result.
This is the VM template
/
oneadmin at cloud-mngt:~> onetemplate show 6
TEMPLATE 6
INFORMATION
ID             : 6
NAME           : opensuse12xen
USER           : oneadmin
GROUP          : oneadmin
REGISTER TIME  : 05/28 19:50:04

PERMISSIONS

OWNER          : um-
GROUP          : u--
OTHER          : u--

TEMPLATE
CONTENTS
CPU="1"
DISK=[
  BUS="scsi",
  DRIVER="file:",
  IMAGE="opensuse_raw",
  IMAGE_UNAME="oneadmin" ]
GRAPHICS=[
  KEYMAP="it",
  TYPE="vnc" ]
MEMORY="1024"
NAME="opensuse12xen"
NIC=[
  NETWORK="172.16.10.x",
  NETWORK_UNAME="oneadmin" ]
OS=[
  BOOTLOADER="/usr/bin/pygrub" ]
RAW=[
  TYPE="xen" ]
TEMPLATE_ID="6"
VCPU="1"/

and the VM xen is

/oneadmin at cloud-mngt:~> onevm show 11
VIRTUAL MACHINE 11
INFORMATION
ID                  : 11
NAME                : one-11
USER                : oneadmin
GROUP               : oneadmin
STATE               : ACTIVE
LCM_STATE           : RUNNING
HOSTNAME            : nodoxen-1
START TIME          : 05/29 19:21:19
END TIME            : -
DEPLOY ID           : one-11

VIRTUAL MACHINE
MONITORING
NET_RX              : 52
NET_TX              : 88
USED CPU            : 0
USED MEMORY         : 1048576

PERMISSIONS

OWNER               : um-
GROUP               : ---
OTHER               : ---

VIRTUAL MACHINE
TEMPLATE
CPU="1"
DISK=[
  BUS="scsi",
  CLONE="YES",
  DATASTORE="san",
  DATASTORE_ID="102",
  DISK_ID="0",
  DRIVER="file:",
  IMAGE="opensuse_raw",
  IMAGE_ID="16",
  IMAGE_UNAME="oneadmin",
  READONLY="NO",
  SAVE="NO",
  SOURCE="/var/lib/one/datastores/102/a9ee83c0d4a435f5bce25c1406d0e3d6",
  TARGET="xvda",
  TM_MAD="shared",
  TYPE="DISK" ]
GRAPHICS=[