[one-users] better OS to install Opennebula

davood ghatreh davood.gh2000 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 23:52:39 PDT 2012

Dear Nicolas,

You can install Opennebula on both RedHat (CentOS) and Debian based
(Ubuntu) OSes without any problem. You just need to have some experience on
Linux OS, installing apps, basic shell commands, etc for a successful
installation.  After installing it, you will be able to use Sunstone GUI to
manage your cloud environment.

you also have to know Opennebula architecture. use [1] to obtain this
information.

to start installing the software, use [2], which is a step by step procedure

About the OS to install,
As my point of view, install it on CentOS 6.2. It may be a bit difficult
compared with Ubuntu, but you'll learn too many things
If you want to install it in the most easiest way, choose Ubuntu (mine was
10.04), and run "aptitude install opennebula"

it is not just the Opennebula application which should be installed
properly. You'll need to have a Hypervisor to work with it. Choose one, and
enable its drivers in Opennebula [3]

Feel free to ask if there is any question

Thanks
Davood

[1]: http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:plan
[2]: http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:ignc