[one-users] OpenNebula KVM / LVM / CentOS "journal I/O commit error"

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Wed May 23 06:58:02 PDT 2012

Hello Yves,

Could it be that you don't have rw access to the image? Can you
double-check your permissions?

ls -l $(readlink -f /var/lib/one/datastores/0/<VM_ID>/disk.0)

take a look at the group attribute of that block device. Can oneadmin
read/write it? If that's not the case you'll probably need to

gpasswd -a oneadmin <block_device_group>

BTW: I'm taking notice of this to reflect it in the documentation

cheers

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Vogl, Yves <vogl at adesso-mobile.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are experiencing trouble when using OpenNebula with KVM, LVM on CentOS.
>
> We've tried using virtio and ide, with and without caching - the problem
> remains.
>
> The VM mounts its filesystem readonly and logs "journal I/O commit error",
> on the host system we get "end_request: I/O error, dev vda, sector" errors.
>
> Has some experienced similar problems?
>
> Cheers,
> Yves

Jaime Melis