[one-users] VM template : source in DISK attribute don't work!

mario wu iamokcn at gmail.com
Mon May 21 20:43:25 PDT 2012

2012/5/21 Carlos Martín Sánchez <cmartin at opennebula.org>

> Hi,
>
> That error message might be a bit misleading, but it means that you need
> to use a registered image, with the attribute DISK/IMAGE_ID (or IMAGE).
>
> DISK/SOURCE cannot be used anymore in OpenNebula 3.4. We warned about it
> in the compatibility guide [1], but we didn't notice the VM template
> documentation was outdated... It has been fixed to reflect that IMAGE is
> now mandatory [2].
>
> Regards
>
> [1]
> http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:compatibility#developers_and_integrators
> [2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:template#disks_section
> --
> Carlos Martín, MSc
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - The Open-source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
> www.OpenNebula.org | cmartin at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula<http://twitter.com/opennebula><cmartin at opennebula.org>

thx for you help,  we migrating few hundreds VMware VM and physical machine
to KVM(by convert to qcow2 format), so if i can direct use the
DISK/SOURCE attribute,it is the convenient way to achieve our goal.

but for now, i had to register the image (use the SOURCE attribute ,so it
don't copy the VM image to the datastores ),then create the VM template.
it's a little bit inconvenient , and result a lot image entry in oneimage
list command.  is there any good idea ?