[one-users] Ubuntu shutdown/image save

fc lists fclists at pr-z.info
Thu May 17 11:44:19 PDT 2012

Hi

I was going to suggest to double check that ACPID is running in the VM ,
but then reading again i see it propted you with a popup so it should be
running.

Did you enabled ACPI in your VM TEMPLATE?

Other then that, it seems to me that the issue is on the VM because any
other problem related to your ONE master server would show up in the log
... as permission denied or whatever.

Did you try to keep a VNC connection to the VM from outside  OPENNEBULA
when you shutdown to see what happens?

It really does seem that the VM shutdown is not completing properly .. and
from what you write

"""
I created a template that used a raw hard disk and an ubuntu boot cd to
create a working ubuntu 12.04 VM.  Done, worked.
I used onevm saveas <vm-name> <disk-id> "ubuntu-base-image" to set up a
save.
I used onevm shutdown <vm-id> to shut it down.
"""

IT seems to me that you are just booting the UBUNTU live cd, perform the
installation and the issue a saveas without restarting your VM first ... If
that is the case then UBUNTU might simply be waiting for you to remove the
CD from the drive ... until onenebula timeout and your VM fails.

Opening a VNC From outside opennebyla will probably give you the answer you
are looking for

-FC