[one-users] restart a failed VM with 3.4.1

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri May 11 14:28:53 PDT 2012

you can re-deploy the VM without the need of moving any file with
restart but this is only valid for VM's in BOOT or UNKNOWN state (you
are sure in those states that the disks are in the host)

You can do "onevm resubmit", this will move the VM to PENDING state
(without freeing any resource, you keep the ID, IP's ....)

Cheers

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at suse.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the bombardment of messages, but I'd really like to get his
> working before the next release comes out ;)
>
> # onevm list
>    ID USER     GROUP    NAME         STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME
>  TIME
>     0 oneadmin oneadmin suse-test    fail   0      0K    0d 00:00
>
> THe VM failed, now one would think after making changes to libvirtd on the
> cloud node I can restart it, but:
>
> # onevm restart 0
> [VirtualMachineAction] Wrong state to perform action
>
> Now I am stuck.
>
> Help as always is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert Schweikert                           MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
> SUSE-IBM Software Integration Center                   LINUX
> Tech Lead
> rjschwei at suse.com
> rschweik at ca.ibm.com
> 781-464-8147

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
OpenNebula - The Open Source Solution for Data Center Virtualization