[one-users] problem with VM in FAILED state

Rolandas Naujikas rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt
Sun May 20 03:21:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have upgraded kernel inside of VM and it didn't reboot properly
(because of grub misconfiguration). VM was in UNKNOWN state and I did
"onevm restart", but it didn't boot (because of this problem) and go to
FAILED state. I recovered VM manually, but now I have FAILED state in
Opennebula.

Probably I can recover state only by editing opennebula DB, but for the
future I would like (for others also) to have more intelligent
management of "restart" from UNKNOWN state. Probably here would be
better don't go to FAILED, but to UNKNOWN state, because historically VM
was already running.

Here still running opennebula 3.2.1 in production, but also testing
opennebula 3.4.1.

Regards, Rolandas