[one-users] perform "actions" on host just before Live Migration start??

fc lists fclists at pr-z.info
Tue May 15 11:56:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to hook up  a NexentaStor ISCSI server with opennebula 3.4.1

I created a DS_MAD and TM_MAD out of the current "iscsi" ones and i got
everything working fine ... other then live migration.

Things goes like this:

Create New Virtual Machine

oneadmin ssh to HOST1
 - login into ISCSI
 - LN the system datastore (NFS Shared) disk to the ISCSI device

live migrate from HOST1 to HOST2

At this point HOST 2 has no knowledge of ISCSI device ... because the FE
never performed ISCSI login on host2.

"at first" i thought that the "MV" TM_MAD would be called for
live-migration the same way it get executed for cold migration, but it does
not seem so on my system.
Cold migration works just fine because it actively login the ISCSI target
in the HOST2 , with live-migration it seems like ONE does not really
interact with the cluster other then performing the libvirt/kvm live
migration.

As a proof of concept it was enough to manually login the ISCSI target on
HOST2 and live-migration worked perfectly.

Is there any hook that i can use to manage this operation ? Ideally it
would be enough to get the Image SOURCE available to get it to work.

Thanks
-FC