[one-users] Using White-port correctly

Sean Abbott seabbott at akamai.com
Fri May 11 07:40:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a setup intended for selenium grid.  I'll have a bunch of
machines using the default NAT for internet access and a management
network for communication between each other.  The template for these
VMs is:

NIC=[
  MODEL=virtio,
  NETWORK="natnet0",
  NETWORK_UNAME=oneadmin ]
NIC=[
  MODEL=virtio,
  NETWORK="fullbackend",
  NETWORK_UNAME=oneadmin ]

That's all working.  I need one VM to be able to communicate with the
outside world on a single port (4444).  I've set up template as follows:

NIC=[
  MODEL=virtio,
  NETWORK="natnet0",
  NETWORK_UNAME=oneadmin,
  IP=192.168.122.100,
  WHITE_PORTS_TCP=4444 ]
NIC=[
  MODEL=virtio,
  NETWORK="fullbackend",
  NETWORK_UNAME=oneadmin ]

The resulting VM can still use the internet and it can still communicate
with the other VMs.  I can communicate with it on port 4444 from the
host that it's on, but not from outside.

Is this what WHITE_PORTS_TCP is intended for?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

sean