[one-users] Help with sunstone authentication

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Fri May 4 10:58:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

Trying to run sunstone I get the following error ins the log file:

--------------------------------------
          Server configuration
--------------------------------------
{:vnc_proxy_cert=>nil,
  :auth=>"sunstone",
  :vnc_proxy_path=>nil,
  :vnc_proxy_key=>nil,
  :vnc_proxy_support_wss=>false,
  :debug_level=>3,
  :one_xmlrpc=>"http://localhost:2633/RPC2",
  :host=>"127.0.0.1",
  :vnc_proxy_base_port=>29876,
  :core_auth=>"cipher",
  :port=>9869,
  :lang=>"en_US"}
Fri May 04 13:06:04 2012 [E]: Error initializing authentication system
Fri May 04 13:06:04 2012 [E]: [UserPoolInfo] User couldn't be
authenticated, aborting call.

Any idea whats going on?

The server is suppossde to be launched via systemd, using the following
service file:

[Unit]
Description=OpenNebula Web UI Server
After=syslog.target
After=network.target
After=one.service
After=one_scheduler.service
BindTo=one.service
!ConditionFileExists=/var/lock/one/.sunstone.lock

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/ruby
/usr/lib/one/sunstone/sunstone-server.rb > /var/log/one/sunstone.log 2>&1"
ExecStop=/bin/kill -INT $MAINPID
PIDFile=/var/run/one/sunstone.pid
Type=simple
Group=cloud
User=oneadmin

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

This worked in 3.2.1 but is now broken with 3.4.1. I am testing and am
trying to get the 3.4.1 packages out of the :Testing project and into
the main (Virtualization:Cloud:OpenNebula) project in OBS.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead