[one-users] VMs hang on BOOT - forever

Nicolas Diogo nicolasdiogo at gmx.com
Thu May 3 17:04:14 PDT 2012

hello,

i am facing this problem and i just do not know how to debug this one.
i have created multiple VMs using different Netword setup (802.1,dummy)

but all of those hang at the start on the BOOT status.

this is a single host running Debian 6 amd64 with KVM.
i have downloaded and install the package for version opennebula 3.4

the VMs log show the following messages.

Wed May  2 12:47:44 2012 [DiM][I]: New VM state is ACTIVE.
Wed May  2 12:47:44 2012 [LCM][I]: New VM state is PROLOG.
Wed May  2 12:47:44 2012 [VM][I]: Virtual Machine has no context
Wed May  2 12:47:50 2012 [TM][I]: clone: Cloning ../../100/852ef651309098675b85b5f54438b7d9 in atlas01:/var/lib/one//datastores/0/13/disk.0
Wed May  2 12:47:50 2012 [TM][I]: ExitCode: 0
Wed May  2 12:47:57 2012 [TM][I]: clone: Cloning ../../101/5363485a748b8705191b61b970da6528 in atlas01:/var/lib/one//datastores/0/13/disk.1
Wed May  2 12:47:57 2012 [TM][I]: ExitCode: 0
Wed May  2 12:47:57 2012 [LCM][I]: New VM state is BOOT
Wed May  2 12:47:57 2012 [VMM][I]: Generating deployment file: /var/lib/one/13/deployment.0

and it stops at this point.
the contents of /var/lib/one/13/deployment.0

<domain type='kvm'
xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>

<name>one-13</name>

<vcpu>4</vcpu>

<memory>1048576</memory>

<os>

                <type
arch='x86_64'>hvm</type>

                <boot
dev='hd'/>

</os>

<devices>

<emulator>/usr/bin/kvm</emulator>

                <disk type='file'
device='disk'>

                        <source
file='/var/lib/one//datastores/0/13/disk.0'/>

                        <target dev='sda'
bus='virtio'/>

                        <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'
cache='default'/>

</disk>

                <disk type='file'
device='cdrom'>

                        <source
file='/var/lib/one//datastores/0/13/disk.1'/>

                        <target dev='hdc'
bus='ide'/>

<readonly/>

                        <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'
cache='default'/>

</disk>

                <interface
type='bridge'>

                        <source
bridge='vbr0'/>

                        <mac
address='02:00:0a:d5:11:01'/>

</interface>

                <graphics type='vnc' listen='0.0.0.0'
port='5913'/>

                <input type='mouse'
bus='usb'/>

</devices>

<features>

<acpi/>

</features>

</domain>

i am really missing something here - probably obvious to some others.
if you know how to debug this problem i would really appreciate it. with
regards,

Nicolas

--
sent with Debian Linux (http://www.debian.org)