[one-users] problem when migrating ubuntu

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu May 3 07:06:08 PDT 2012

I don't really know what could be happening with those machines. If
this problem only happens on > 10.04 VMs then it looks like a change
in the distribution that makes the VM behave like that. I would also
try stop/resume (that does the same steps as migration) and check if
the same problem arises. You can also do the stop/resume test with the
scheduler stopped and use onevm deploy to schedule the VM to the same
host, this way we can check if the problem is related to some
configuration changes between physical nodes.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Carlos A. <caralla at upv.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing some problems when migrating ubuntu based VMs between
> hosts. The problem appeared when trying to migrate one ubuntu 11.04 server
> VM. Previous versions of ubuntu (e.g. 10.04) were not affected by this
> problem.
>
> The VM is successfully deployed and it works properly. If I suspend the VM
> and resume it, there is no problem. But if I migrate the VM (which ONE
> translates into suspending the VM, copying the files to the destination host
> and restoring the VM), the VM results useless.
>
> There appear a lot of errors in the VM, some processes (mainly related to
> network) are tainted, etc. The problem also appears when migrating a ubuntu
> 12.04b.
>
> Has anyone faced this issue? Has anyone some tip to solve it? (I have tried
> to deactivate acpi as an option to the kernel, but it didn't helped at all).
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Carlos A.

Javier Fontán Muiños