[one-users] Mandatory attributes with default value ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Sat May 19 06:20:37 PDT 2012

Hi.

I've had a look at the docs and am a bit puzzled by the "mandatory
attributes" which at the same time are documented with default values...

In
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.2:kvmg#mandatory_attributes,
OS:ARCH is mandatory, but in
http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.2:template it is
marked :
M (default i686)  for kvm

What's the purpose of a default for a mandatory parameter ?

Indeed, if the ARCH is not defined, I experience problems booting an
amd64 image on my amd64 host, since kvm is provided with some 32 bit
emulation param (-cpu qemu32, see http://bugs.debian.org/673173)

Shouldn't the mandatory args be checked and an error reported ?

Thank in advance.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER