[one-users] Dynamic IP Leases and NIC hotplug on Running VM

sebgoa sebgoa at clemson.edu
Fri Mar 23 09:41:26 PDT 2012

Hi Simon,

If I understand your request properly, you are actually referring to the Amazon Elastic IP behavior.
This allows you to lease an IP, associate it with a running VM, de-associate it, and release the IP (if you want to).

We recently developed a prototype to enable this in opennebula, you may be interested by this post in the blog:
http://blog.opennebula.org/?p=2695

And you may want to check the screencast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1I4cR69sW8
and see if that's what you are looking for.

Thanks,

-sebastien