[one-users] self service instance type error

Rogier Mars rogier at fortytwo.nl
Sun Mar 18 05:14:45 PDT 2012

Hi,

I've made some progress. I've changed the following in /usr/lib/one/ruby/cloud/occi/OCCIServer.rb
line 123:
original:
                xml_resp << "\t<INSTANCE_TYPE href=\"#{@base_url}/instance_type/#{name.to_s}\" name=\"#{name}\">\n"

updated with closing tag "\":
                xml_resp << "\t<INSTANCE_TYPE href=\"#{@base_url}/instance_type/#{name.to_s}\" name=\"#{name}\" \/>\n"

Now the INSTANCE_TYPE is closed with a />. See below:

The view-source:http://cloudcontroller1.eq.redbee.nl:4567/instance_type

	<INSTANCE_TYPE_COLLECTION>
<INSTANCE_TYPE href="http://cloudcontroller1.eq.redbee.nl:4567/instance_type/small" name="small" />
<INSTANCE_TYPE href="http://cloudcontroller1.eq.redbee.nl:4567/instance_type/medium" name="medium" />
<INSTANCE_TYPE href="http://cloudcontroller1.eq.redbee.nl:4567/instance_type/large" name="large" />
</INSTANCE_TYPE_COLLECTION>

The Instance Type drop down in the create VM now lists Undefined, instead of the correct instance type names (small, medium, large).

The problem seems to be in the javascript code that processes the XML content that the OCCI server produces.

Please keep in mind that I'm a sysadmin, not a coder, so I might be interpreting all this wrong :)

Best regards,

rogier