[one-users] VM Placement

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Mar 15 04:05:48 PDT 2012

Hi Juan Luis,

I forgot to clarify that in our scheduler the user can specify what
deployment policy to use, which I believe is what you're looking for.
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:schg#pre-defined_placement_policies

The difference with the other ecosystem projects is that the projects I
mentioned before perform migrations after deployment to optimize the use of
resources.

Regards,
Jaime

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Jaime Melis <jmelis at opennebula.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> take a look at these projects from the ecosystem:
> Green Cloud Scheduler -
> http://opennebula.org/software:ecosystem:green_cloud_scheduler
> CLUES - http://opennebula.org/software:ecosystem:clues
>
> Regards,
> Jaime
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Juan Luis Prieto Martínez <
> sirjuanlu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'd like to know whether if it is possible to tel opennebula to deploy
>> the VMs on specific hosts in order to save energy in the data center. I
>> know that the scheduler does something similar to that by checking from
>> time to time where the VMs are running and moving consolidating them in the
>> less hosts as possible, but I'd like to know if by some short of energy
>> efficiency policy this can be controled by the user.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Cheers
>> JuanLu

Jaime Melis