[one-users] Files in /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/ disappear.

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Mar 9 01:13:21 PST 2012

Hello Richard,

I'm not sure if this is related to OpenNebula, maybe there's some other
daemon who's removing those files. Just to be sure it isn't OpenNebula, I
suggest you audit that file to discover the PID of the process removing it:

# install audit package
# start the auditd daemon
$ auditctl -w /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/deploy -p war -k opennebula_remotes

wait for the unwanted delete to take place (you'll find the log in
/var/log/audit/audit.log)

Once you're finished do
$ auditctl -W /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/deploy -p war -k opennebula_remotes
# shut down the auditd daemon

Regards,
Jaime

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM, richard -rw- weinberger <
richard.weinberger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I see a very strange issue on OpenNebula 3.0.
> From time to time most files n /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/ disappear on all my
> hosts.
>
> $ ls /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/
> kvmrc  poll
>
> vs.
>
> $ ls /var/tmp/one/vmm/kvm/
> cancel  deploy  kvmrc  migrate  migrate_local  poll  poll_ganglia
> restore  save  shutdown
>
> After a "onehost sync" all files come back.
> But it takes some time and is very annoying.
>
> Is this a known bug?
> /var/tmp/one is on each host a regular directory on top of ext4.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> //richard

Jaime Melis