[one-users] Set the number of VM's instantiated - but not through Sunstone or CLI?

biro lehel lehel.biro at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 00:23:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

Is there any way to set the number of created VM's that would use a specific (same) image file?
What I want to obtain is the following: I would have some kind of an "end-user" (the point is, NOT an OpenNebula-user), that would need to specific three parameters (let's say, through a config file): his needed CPU, his needed Memory, and the number of VM's he would like to have for this configuration. Then, I would have a previously pre-set and pre-filled OpenNebula template, which my system should complete with the CPU and Memory information. Finally, the number of the instantiated VM's (set by the user) should be communicated with OpenNebula - and this is what my question refers to.

Is there a way to do this? Also, how can an end-user communicate with (that is, how can I "propagate" the information to) OpenNebula? Don't think of huge security issues here, I only have a small research/test environment, not a production one. I could even use oneadmin's credentials for him, I just don't know how to "externally" access OpenNebula, if possible.

Thank you, and waiting for your answers,
Lehel.