[one-users] opennebula: lease creation and usage

Stéphane Bulot stephane at altern-it.com
Mon Mar 19 08:22:37 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to create and use leases on virtual network. My issue is that
I'm not able to associate lease with virtual machines.

My virtual network template:
NAME = "MYNet"
TYPE = FIXED
BRIDGE = br191
LEASE =[ IP=X.X.X.2,MAC=02:00:0A:01:5B:02]
LEASE =[ IP=X.X.X.3,MAC=02:00:0A:01:5B:03]
LEASE =[ IP=X.X.X.4,MAC=02:00:0A:01:5B:04]

Virtual network creation seems to be ok, but If I do a "onevnet show ID
-x", I can see that my leases existing in virtual network template, but not
as a free lease.

Here is my vm template NIC section:
NIC = [ NETWORK_UID=4,
        MODEL=virtio,
        MAC=02:00:0a:01:5b:02]

where NETWORK_UID is the network id defined above.

After starting VM, lease is still seen as a template.
As I manually create lease with onevnet addleases command, I'm able to see
lease as a free lease, but after starting VM, lease is still seen as free
lease.

Purpose of using lease is to prevent multiple vm started with same MAC/IP.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance
--
Stéphane Bulot