[one-users] Changing group & vnet names

Jhon Masschelein Jhon.Masschelein at Sara.Nl
Fri Mar 16 01:50:21 PDT 2012

Hi group,

We would like to change the names of the onegroup groups and onevnet
virtual networks.

The one* commands do not have this functionality and also do not have an
"update" command. (In sunstone, I can do an update for the vnet, but it
does not allow me to change the name.)

Is it safe to do this directly in the database? The associated IDs would
not change.

I would expect that the text-name for the group is just a property of
the group object, and is not used for anything except showing a nice
name instead of the ID?

I know that in 3.2, we can use the name to reference the object again,
but we are currently still running 3.0.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could tell me if this should
be no problem, is a problem, or is an unknown?

Unless I get a green flag, I'll do it the "slow" way by creating new
groups and vnets and moving everything over. But it would save me a lot
of time if I can just do it in the DB.

Thanks for your time,

Jhon

--