[one-users] OpenNebula 3.3.0 - Install on CentOS 6.2 using the rpm

Snyman, Adrian adrians at uj.ac.za
Thu Mar 1 03:05:03 PST 2012

Okay, similar to other people, I have done the install from the rpm & followed the
Instructions found here:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.2:ignc

Now when the oneadmin user is created, the one_auth file is populated with
The oneadmin user, and a password that I have no idea of what it is ...

All services etc. start up, but obviously I need to be able to access the sunstone interface
Requiring the user/pass in this file.

So I reset the password with the following command:

$> oneuser 0 passwd <newpasswd>

After that, I can use the interface to access the sunstone interface - no problem.
HOWEVER, any one* commands I try and execute after that, I get the following:

-bash-4.1$ onevm list
[VirtualMachinePoolInfo] User couldn't be authenticated, aborting call.
-bash-4.1$
-bash-4.1$ oneuser list
[UserPoolInfo] User couldn't be authenticated, aborting call.

Yet these worked before I changed the oneadmin user's password ...

So, any pointers ?

Regards,
Adrian Snyman
Linux Systems Administrator