[one-users] Problem connecting to VNC console

davood ghatreh davood.gh2000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:35:39 PDT 2012

Hi Chandana,

let me show you an example.

i can connect to noVNC in sunstone. I check processes for noVNC and find
this one:

python /usr/share/one/noVNC/utils/websockify 35778 localhost:5902

I kill every task with noVNC (there is no other user using it). Then run
this command manually:

here is the result:

[oneadmin at localhost root]$ *python /usr/share/one/noVNC/utils/websockify
35778 localhost:5902*
WARNING: no 'numpy' module, HyBi protocol is slower or disabled
WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :35778
  - Flash security policy server
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - *proxying from :35778 to localhost:5902*

server is waiting for the connection. Now I try to connect using my browser
an get following:

  1: 10.5.42.2: Plain non-SSL (ws://) WebSocket connection
  1: 10.5.42.2: Version hybi-13, base64: 'True'
  1: connecting to: *localhost:5902

*
so, if there is no problem connecting to localhost on port 5902,  there is
no problem to connect through noVNC. in your case, it is: *glass.dis:5910*

therefore, check to see if there is any problem connecting to glass.dis on
port 5910 (on your frontend server).

Thanks
Davood