[one-users] copying error during "oneimage create"

Jhon Masschelein jhon.masschelein at sara.nl
Thu Jun 7 23:35:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

I've recently been playing with those settings and we would really like
it if the directives could contain parameters.

For example, I would like to give access to /Repo/[onegroup]/images or
/repo/[oneuser]/images to the respective groups and users only.

But as far as I can see, the remote script that does the check (fsrc)
does not know the ONE user or group that is requesting access.

Wkr,

Jhon

On 06/08/2012 12:17 AM, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> Hi
>
> In order to prevent the registration of  "unsecure" files (e.g. oneadmin
> ssh key, the whole OpenNebula db) There are certain directories
> restricted to copy from (note that cp operations are made with the
> oneadmin identity).
>
> This can be configured per Datastore as explained in [1].
>
> So
>
> $ onedatastore update 100
>
> and then add in the editor session opened by the command:
>
> SAFE_DIRS = "/home/oneadmin/images/"
>
> Cheers
>
> Ruben
>
> [1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:fs_ds#configuring_the_filesystem_datastores
>

> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Massimo Canonico <mex at di.unipmn.it> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> after launching this command:
>>   oneimage create ubuntu.oneimg --datastore 100
>>
>> I got an error:
>> MESSAGE="Error copying image in the repository: Not allowed to copy image
>> file /home/oneadmin/images/CentOS-6.2.img"
>>
>> I have just two machines and they do not share a filesystem, so I decided to
>> create a datastore with "fs" as  TYPE and "ssh" as TM:
>> [oneadmin at minicloud03 images]$ onedatastore list
>>   ID NAME            CLUSTER  IMAGES TYPE   TM
>>    0 system          -        0      -      shared
>>    1 default         -        0      fs     shared
>>   100 minicloudDS     -        1      fs     ssh
>>
>> Now, I think that the problem is in the host machine. Considering that in
>> the front-end I have used the self-contained mode, which directory should be
>> available in the host?
>>
>> In the host I have a user called "oneadmin" which the home directory is
>> "/var/lib/one". I have created in the host a directory
>> (/var/lib/one/datastores) with no luck.
>>
>>  From the front-end to host (minicloud.di.unipmn.it), this command works
>> without problem (no passwd is required):
>> scp <file> minicloud.di.unipmn.it:/var/lib/one/
>>
>> May you explain me where the image will be copied?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>   Massimo

Jhon Masschelein
Senior Systeemprogrammeur