[one-users] Host memory

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Jun 7 16:56:42 PDT 2012

Hi

It should not. The scheduler only considers the requested amount of
CPU/MEMORY and that allocated in a given host, i.e. the total
CPU/MEMORY of the VMs running in it. NOTE: Here CPU/MEMORY are the VM
template attributes and it does nothing to do with the monitoring
values (USED_CPU/USED_MEMORY).

In summary values of AMEM or ACPU close to 0 means that there is no
room for more VMs. FCPU and FMEM (obtained by the monitoring system)
are used as indicators of the load of the host.

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> the Hosts (in sunstone or onehost command) are shown with their cpu and
> memory use.
> I have an issue with memory because it shows the cached memory and not
> the memory really used (I have Debian linux as hosts)
>
> The result is all my hosts are 60 to 100% memory used, while in reality
> memory is almost free.
>
> Can't it lead to VM creation rejection due to unavailable resources?
>
> Olivier
>
> --
>

> gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
> Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect
OpenNebula - The Open Source Solution for Data Center Virtualization