[one-users] VM deployment on Xen

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Jun 6 09:08:15 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Yasz Yassin <yaszrina at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. To deploy a VM on Xen node, do I have to specify the
> vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 file?

If you are using paravirtualization, the image does not have the
correct kernel inside and you are not using pygrub then yes, you need
it.

It think it would be good for you to check the xen documentation.
You'll get some insight on why the domU kernel is needed and the
different ways to provide it.

http://xen.org/support/documentation.html

> Also, can I deploy a full-virtualization VM for Xen machine using
> opennebula?
> Or do I have to get the para-virtualized VM?

You can use full virtualization using the template parameter 'bootloader'

This thread has even more information and an example:
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2012-June/009133.html

--
Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula