[one-users] Configure - Script Network - Init

Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Junior acsfj08 at inf.ufpr.br
Mon Jun 11 13:18:13 PDT 2012

I know this is an old post and it's not my intention to restart any
discussion about this problem.
I just had a similar issue and I while searching for a solution,
Google made me stumble upon this non replied question. I'll just post
my solution, so if anyone else has the same problem, they may get a
hint.

I found it simpler to place my vmcontext script ( it could be any
script ) under "/etc/network/if-pre-up.d". This will make sure that
every time the interface is brought up, the script has already been
run.

Of course you can use rc-update.d. I had problems running it with run
level 2, sometimes the VM wouldn't assign the correct IP on boot.
Probably it could be fixed by adjusting the configuration,  but I was
afraid to mess up other scripts' levels.

Antonio Carlos Furtado