[one-users] KVM and libvirtd coonfig

Chandana De Silva chandana at desilva.id.au
Sat Jun 9 20:47:18 PDT 2012

Hello All,

I am installing OpenNebula 3.4 with KVM on a Centos 6.2 server.

In the KVM instructions at http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.4:kvmg

it says:

  > OpenNebula uses libvirt's migration capabilities. More precisely, it
uses the TCP protocol offered by libvirt. In order to configure the
physical hosts, the following files have to be modified:

>     /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf : Uncomment “listen_tcp = 1”. Security configuration is left to the admin's choice, file is full of useful comments to achieve a correct configuration. As a tip, if you don't want to use TLS for connections set listen_tls = 0.
>
>     /etc/default/libvirt-bin : add -l option to libvirtd_opts

The libvirtd init script on Centos 6,2 is not upstart, and uses
/etc/sysconfig/libvirtd to configure the libvirtd startup. That has the
line:

> # Listen for TCP/IP connections
> # NB. must setup TLS/SSL keys prior to using this
> LIBVIRTD_ARGS="--listen"

I am assuming that the instruction for libvirtd_opts in the
documentation should be different for Centos / RHEL.

Regards
Chandana