[one-users] iSCSI recipe

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 31 14:23:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

Well, I am sure you have gone through the iSCSI guide. So, I assume that
you have properly configured your iSCSI server (that may be the host
running oned), and hosts with password-less ssh

So roughly:

Storage:

1.- Setup a System Datastore. As you plan to use iSCSI you are save with
the ssh system datastore [1]

2.- Setup an iSCSI Datastore for the images as described in [2]

Network:

1.- Start with a dummy network [3]

This are the basic (apart from installing the opennebula software and the
basic configuration of the hosts [4])

Then just add the hosts to your OpenNebula installation [5], add some
images (probably you can start with ttylinux from the marketplace), and
create a template. You may want to make this first steps through Sunstone
GUI.

Cheers and good luck,

Ruben

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:system_ds
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:iscsi_ds
[3] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:plan#networking
[4] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:plan#hosts
[5] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:hostsubsystem
     http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:host_guide

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM, christopher barry <cbarry at rjmetrics.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm setting up a test environment and want to use iSCSI for my disks.
> I've been reading through the docs, and have made several templates, but
> it's not clear to me how to make it all work via iSCSI, and/or if I need
> to pre-setup things ahead of time or if it's all automagic.
>
> Is there a simple howto or recipe anywhere on how to make this all work?
> So far it's been kind of like drinking from a firehose.
>

> Thanks,
> -C

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect