[one-users] Fwd: No space left on device ->when Create Image via Marketplace for CentOS 6.2-kvm using iSCSI (block) datastore

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 27 04:45:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is a known issue when using the market place with block based
datastores, see [1].

The size of the image is get from the ContentLength header field (HTTP)
using the marketplace URL. This size is for the compressed image, so the
actual size of the block is not properly configured. Also the usage quotas
will not be properly updated...

Probably we either set contnent lenght to the uncompressed size, or provide
an additional header for it. The requirement here is not to download the
full image to get the size. The download, uncompress, write process is
"streamed", so we need the size beforehand.

Cheers

Ruben

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1345

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Lawrence Chiong <junix88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> additional info:
>
> template]$ sudo lvs
>   LV          VG       Attr   LSize   Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
>   imgdtastore vgNebula -wi-ao 100.00g
>
>   lv-one-17   vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-17-2 vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-17-5 vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-17-6 vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-17-7 vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>
>   lv-one-23   vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-24   vgNebula -wi-ao  40.00m
>   lv-one-25   vgNebula -wi-ao 580.00m
>   rootvol     vgroot   -wi-ao  49.97g
>
> There's NO error  when I created an image for ttylinux-kvm via marketplace.
>

> Hello there,
>
> Need help about error found below when tried to create an image for CentOS
> 6.2 x86_64 +kvm using iSCSI (block) datastore-
>
> Thu Jul 26 16:45:29 2012 [ImM][E]: cp: Command "eval
> /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/iscsi/../downloader.sh  --md5
> 3b05125c401c2e74e8238515ffa3bd6b
> https://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance/4fc76a938fb81d3517000002/download- | ssh 192.168.0.20 sudo dd of=/dev/vgNebula/lv-one-25 bs=64k" failed: dd:
> writing `/dev/vgNebula/lv-one-25': No space left on device
>
> Your help is very much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect