[one-users] VM stuck on LCM_INIT

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 20 07:44:27 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to reproduce that case in our machines but had no luck.
Can you please tell us if all the machines were running when you
deleted the VM's? Also ruby and libvirt version would be nice.

Concerning  the state lcm_init you definitely you have found a bug and
I fear you cannot change the state of that machines using standard
commands. The only way I can think of is changing the database
manually and drop the bad registers from vm_pool table.

Also  for VM destroy the best command is cancel, not delete. The vmm
action is the same but vmm and tm are synchronized to kill the
machines. Delete is more a last resort action or for killing VM's in
other states (unfortunately not LCM_INIT).

Cheers

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I tried to do some "stress testing" on my OpenNebula installation, by
> spinning off 100 instances.
> Then, I tried to delete them all.
> In the end, what happened was:
>
> - Some instances were shown under virt-manager, but not on sunstone/onevm
> - I now have one instance stuck on LCM_INIT, that I can't delete or shutdown
>
> Any idea how can I force deletion of the instance?
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula