[one-users] Per-user, per-group, per-template system datastore

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Mon Jul 16 12:44:00 PDT 2012

Yes,

This can be done by setting use permissions on the datastores. This way,
users will only see those datastores that they can use,and you can drive
each group/user to a different datastore. This can be done by either:

1.- chgrp the datastore and give use permissions to the group [1,2]  and
not to 'other' (this works for one group)
2.- Create an ACL for each group that you want to assign to the datastore
(this works also for multiple groups assigned to a single datastore) [3]

Cheers

Ruben
[1] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:chmod
[2] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:api#onedatastore
[3] http://www.opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.6:manage_acl

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi there,
>
> On the latest 3.6 I can set the system datastore for each cluster.
> Is there any way to set a different datastore per user or per group?
> Also, is there a way to set it per template?
>
> The use cases are:
> - Provide different performance (SATA vs SAS) per user/project/group
> - Provide different backup RTO/RPO (SAN snapshot vs copy) per
> user/project/group
>
> This all within the same cluster.
>
> Thanks.
> Ricardo