[one-users] Using shared fs and ssh TM

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jul 10 02:46:55 PDT 2012

Sure it is possible. You need to have the datastore that holds the
images shared and mount it in every node. Then you'll make the system
datastore(0) local and configure it to use qcow tm drivers. Make sure
that /var/lib/one/datastores/0 is not mounted from the shared storage
in the nodes as this is where the deltas will be written.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Andreas Calvo <andreas.calvo at scytl.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there any way to mix TM in an environment?
> We currently have a shared FS with GFS2 using qcow, but when a lot of VMs
> are launched, writing changes becomes a I/O bottleneck.
> We were thinking of a mixture where the image is shared and the incremental
> changes (qcow) are write locally.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Andreas Calvo Gómez
> Systems Engineer
> Scytl Secure Electronic Voting
> Plaça Gal·la Placidia, 1-3, 1st floor · 08006 Barcelona
> Phone: + 34 934 230 324
> Fax:   + 34 933 251 028
> http://www.scytl.com
>
> NOTICE: The information in this e-mail and in any of its attachments is
> confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named
> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying,
> distribution or retaining of this message or any part of it, without the
> prior
> written consent of Scytl Secure Electronic Voting, SA is prohibited and
> may be
> unlawful. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender
> and
> delete the material from any computer.

Javier Fontán Muiños
www.OpenNebula.org | jfontan at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula