[one-users] Public IPs on an internal private network of an OpenNebula Cluster

Alberto Zuin - Liste liste at albertozuin.eu
Wed Jul 4 07:52:10 PDT 2012

Hello Patrizio,
If I correctly understood, the master server is the OpenNebula server
and the slaves are the KVM hosts. The master is connected to Internet,
has a public ip address and is also connected to a private lan; slaves
(kvm servers) are connected only to private lan.
You use also the master server to masquerade traffic form VM to Internet
via iptables.

If it's correct, you have 2 possible solution:
1) configure the public IPs as secondary in master servers and set
iptalbles to DNAT traffic from public IP to the private one
2) install a second ethernet card on slave server, connect it to public
internet and create a second bridge (without a real public IP address).

The second solution for me is better.

Bye,
Alberto

Alberto Zuin