[one-users] mulitple live migrations fail

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Sun Jul 29 20:16:40 PDT 2012

Hello,
I am able to reliably and successfully migration single vm's between hosts. However, when I attempt to do multiple migrations of vm's typically they will fail. I have seen cases where I do 3 and 1 or 2 succeed, but typically all will fail. I see errors in the vm log such as:

migrate: Command "virsh --connect qemu:///system migrate --live one-5 qemu+ssh://vmhost2/system" failed: error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
error: Reconnected to the hypervisor

Another error I see is:

migrate: Command "virsh --connect qemu:///system migrate --live one-4 qemu+ssh://vmhost3./system" failed: error: Unable to wait for child process: Bad file descriptor Sun Jul 29 23:13:53 2012
Could not migrate one-4 to vmhost3

I know this seems more related to libvirt than to opennebula, but I have not been able to turn up any answers elsewhere and thought maybe somebody already ran into this before.

I'm running OpenNebula v3.6 on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks,
gary