[one-users] Econe and OCCI servers

Humberto N. Castejon Martinez humcasma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 01:58:04 PDT 2012

Hi!

After trying to access Opennebula using the OCCI API for some time, I
realized that the OCCI server was indeed not running, even though
everything had been installed and configured according to the
documentation. After some debugging, I found out that it was the Econe
server which was actually running on port 4567 (the default one for the
OCCI server). It seems that port 4567 is used by default for both the Econe
and OCCI servers, so only one of them can run. This is true for version 3.0
of Openenebula, and I suspect that it is also true for version 3.4,
according to the documentation in the web. I hope you can change the
default port for one of the servers, so other people will not have my same
problem (the real problem is that I was receiving an answer with a
non-authorized error message from what I thought was the OCCI server, but
it was the Econe server responding, the ONE_AUTH variable was properly set
and I was using the right credentials, so I could not understand what the
problem was).

Cheers,
Humberto