[one-users] Problem with virtual network ACLs for multiple users

Michael Rebstock rusreb at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Jul 21 02:30:03 PDT 2012

Hello Everybody,

I have a problem when trying to use Opennebula with more than one user. I
have a virtual network with the owner "oneadmin". When I log in with a
self-created user "oneuser" and try to deploy a new virtual machine, there
pops up an errormessage, that the user has not the permission to use the
network I specified in the Template. When I change the owner of this network
to "oneuser", he is able to deploy VMs. From this point on oneadmin isn't
able to deploy a VM.

I also tried to create two different users who are in the same group and set
the ownership of the network to this group but this also didn't work.

In the ACL-documentation [0] I found the following: "@106 NET/#47 USE" and I
already tried it out -without success.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to let different users use the same
network without making them the owner of the same?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Michael

[0]  <http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.4:manage_acl>