[one-users] lvm, configure oneimage

haseningo at gmx.de haseningo at gmx.de
Tue Jul 17 02:16:55 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,

my configuration:

1 iscsi device which has a LVM on top. over the nodes I have configured clvm. everything is fine, if I created a new lvm-device, every node can access this new image.
now I want to configure my existing blockdevices to my virtual machines.
For example my blockdevice is this:

/dev/one_vm/windowstest (ACTIVE '/dev/one_vm/windowstest' [40.00 GiB] inherit)

How can I configure opennebula (oneimage) to use this device? I configured the lvm-driver in oned.conf and changed the default lvm name in opennebula. New lvm-blockdevices will created by opennebula in my lvm-cluster, great. But how can I use existing devices?

Error-message:
####
Tue Jul 17 10:58:50 2012 [VMM][D]: Message received: LOG I 20 error: internal error process exited while connecting to monitor: kvm: -drive file=/var/lib/one//datastores/0/20/disk.3,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk3,format=raw,cache=none: could not open disk image /var/lib/one//datastores/0/20/disk.3: No such file or directory
####

The symlink is not correct.